Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finally Done & updates

Thursday was our LAST home-study! I'm SO glad to be done with all the classes (for now) and home-studies. Not that it was such a headache or chore... they did just become part of our schedule, but there is so much more free time now that we aren't doing all of that. Now we are just waiting to be approved (hopefully by beginning of January). After that happens we'll be licensed and ready to have children in our home. We are set up to take in 2 children in regular beds, and 1 infant (crib size child). The "kids' room" is ready to go for the most part... We still need to hang pictures on the walls and clean out a few last remnants of our stuff. I also need to get pillows for the beds. I'm a little apprehensive about all the things we will need once we have a child that we don't have yet, and really can't get before the child comes here, because we don't know what age of child(ren) we'll have. If we have an infant, we'll need an infant car seat, baby spoons, bottles, etc. If we have a school age child we'll need a booster seat (maybe-again, depends on age/weight), toys for their age & interest, etc. It's quite frustrating to me (control freak!!) to just not know anything! Good thing we have lots of family & friends that I'm sure would help us out in that department. And I know I'm going to be visiting wal-mart, once upon a child, and the thrift store once we get kids... which I'm totally okay with. Also maybe freecycle will help me out or craigslist!

Also speaking of finishing up things... yesterday was my last day of my OSU classes. I can't say I'm feeling relieved yet though because our final grades aren't in yet. I'm pretty sure I have an A in the one class and an A- in the other one. Hopefully anyway!

Last night was the baby shower that I threw for 2 Resolve friends. It was a bird theme with green & blue color scheme. The decor was pretty darn CUTE if you ask me. I had bird houses, signs that said "welcome to the nest", wine glasses with birds painted on them as favors, and even cupcakes with toasted coconut on them to look like a nest with candy eggs on top. We played a few games, they opened gifts and we talked (of course) a ton. It was definitely a fun night!

Tonight I went to my first Ugly Christmas Sweater party hosted by one of my co-workers and his wife. It was definitely more fun than I thought it would be & I was there longer than I thought I would be too. I'm not sure, but I think I won best party hat. :) I wore one that looks like a Santa hat, but it stands up, shakes, jingles and sings. Pretty awesome if you ask me! I also like to be around my co-workers in a setting outside of work & getting to see the other side of them... the let loose & have fun side!

12 days until Jeri & I leave for our cruise!! I cannot wait!!

4 comments:

  1. My 20yo daughter has TS mosaic. Like you, she is a happy person who is full of life.

    Just want you to know that I follow you and feel you and Jeri are my friends who give me subtle guidance.

    I wish the very very best for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Polly! I'm glad knowing that we can help an any way possible!

      Delete
  2. The shower was perfect! You did a great job. I know I was impressed. :-)

    So happy for you and Jeri that you get to go on a cruise. That will be a nice change of pace from the business you have had all fall.

    FYI...we sold our furniture to Ubberhaus by Frantz/Dublin Road. It's located right by the Bonefish if you know where that is.

    ReplyDelete