Monday, November 18, 2013

QOTW: Do you celebrate Christmas?

Do you celebrate Christmas, if so, how? Traditions, decorations, etc.
We celebrate Christmas.  With my mom's side of the family we celebrate at Thanksgiving.  We usually do a "white" elephant gift exchange, but the gifts are new and useful.  We do a draw and fight type of thing to get the presents.  Like one person chooses then you can steal from them. It's always rowdy and fun.  Since I've been married we always go to my in-laws for Christmas eve and Christmas morning.  Christmas is very big in their family, and since we are always with my family for Thanksgiving, we are always with his family for Christmas.  His family currently has 9 grandchildren, in addition to 12 adults, plus there are always a few extra cousins, grand-cousins and uncles that join us on Christmas morning.  It is, to say the least, a little bit crazy.  I've never really had a hard time with Christmas or with spending time with the kids in my husband's (or my) family.  I figure that my SILs and brother have children before me (or instead of me) was just how life "was meant to be".  For me, other holidays were always harder, like Mother's Day, and even Grandparent's Day.  It's a blessing to be able to celebrate and enjoy the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment