Monday, October 12, 2015

Sample donor to recipient letter

If you are reading this it is because our doctors have deemed you a worthy candidate for embryo donation, and I have signed over our embryos for such a procedure. We cannot thank you enough for giving our (now yours!) embryos what we simply cannot, a chance a life beyond the frozen states they currently exist in. And would always exist in because we have our two, and there are 9 other potential lives in limbo.We are forever grateful that you are going to give those potentials a chance to laugh, play, live, love, and most importantly grow into good, daring people under your most loving care and guidance.
I write this with my twins sleeping in front of me, and it warms me to know faces like their will be loved and cherished as these two are. So I know we cannot meet (though I would love to one day but that is your calls and not mine - no hard feelings if you decide it isn't for you) but there are some things you might wish to know so you can better care for the potential children which might come of this process. I am O+ and my husband is A- so rhogam might need to be a thing. Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome runs in my family so watch a girl for signs of very painful periods, and it can become insulin resistance later in life as well as painful cysts, and if left un-diagnosed will affect her fertility. My husband has had two cases of childhood leukemia in his family one in his grandparents generation and one in his own. We banked cord blood for this reason, we didn't want to take chances with the twins. We aren't sure if it is a genetic thing but please- do review our genetic records, we are pretty solid in nearly all areas. I deal with depression but manage it will will diet, exercise and minimal drugs which I stopped taking well before trying for kids, I was just too My husband has allergies and still gets shots at 35, as a kid he had some doozies of ear infections. I have terrible vision and have needed glasses since I was 9 but hopefully they get my husbands excellent vision.worried they would damage them. So that might be a concern for the kids. One final note on my side there seems to be a pattern of addiction - so something to be mindful of, my mother is an alcoholic. My husband and I have no addictions (unless you consider we both love a cup of tea).
I can tell you as a child I was a sensitive little girl who internalized some of the anxieties of growing up. My husband was a rough and tumble little boy who just wanted to be helpful and learn how things worked. We both loved to read, and I was a bit of a day dreamer, and he had a bit of a streak for risk taking (he sails in the north Atlantic for fun!). IIf such things matter to you we are both well educated (he has a BA, I have a M Ed., MST, BA, BS) and are very community minded.
Well there it all is, and again I just do not have words for how very overjoyed I am that these embryos are now yours to try for life with. I am hopeful you will experience the joy of parenting as we now have. My heart is a little heavy as I write this but it is with the greatest love in my heart I give them now to you. You both are their very best hope to be full, realized people, and that for me to think to do anything but give them to you- is cruel and selfish to the embryos.
Like

No comments:

Post a Comment